Here's what we're up to today! (Click the link for a fun video)
We're out of diapers at the our house and we are on Spring Break! What a better time to potty train Miss Priss. On Friday night, the girls both got to pick out prizes for Karsyn's potty training adventure. Landrie is being such a good sister and helping Karsyn remember to go potty and keep her panties dry.
We've got candy and prizes waiting for success! The candy is for each time Karsyn goes successfully and her big prize if she keeps her panties dry for 2 days.
For being a good helper, Landrie picked out a Barbie as her reward. Karsyn chose Dora and Diego dolls. They are proudly displayed on the towel bar in their bathroom to remind Karsyn of her reward. Right now Dora and Diego are sad so they're facing the wall. When Karsyn keeps dry, they'll turn around and cheer for her!
Since we're house bound for a few days, I'm trying to keep Landrie and Karsyn entertained. We've painted toe nails and even did a mini-makeover for Landrie. Isn't she beautiful?!?
If things continue this way, we're going to have a long, boring week! If you have any ideas for us, please post them in the comments. I don't do boredom very well! Hope you're week is a little more interesting than ours! I'm sure Karsyn will give me plenty of blog material so check back for more updates.
7 comments:
Hi There!
I know it has been ages since I've talked to you, but I wanted to give you some ideas for PT. I started using the microwave timer. We would set it for 20 minutes and every time it went off, we would do the "potty dance". (Just me acting like an idiot, and trying to get Jaydon - my now 6 year old - excited.) Anyway, that meant it was time to go to the bathroom. We would sit for 3 minutes and if nothing happened, we would go back and set it again for 20 more minutes. If we had success, we put a sticker on a homemade calendar which eventually led to a prize. Once I noticed improvement, we would set the timer for longer increments. I also did this during Spring Break when my son was 3½. (Yes, he was a late trainee, but the microwave method worked in just one short week!)
I LOVE your Dora dolls idea. Very cute!
As for Spring Break...try fixing a new recipe and have the girls helping you make it, take a long walk to somewhere you've never been and play "I Spy" along the way, go to the library for story time, have a St. Patrick's Day Hunt (Easter Egg Hunt) with all green things, bake some cookies and take them to a nursing home, surprise daddy at work (not sure if you can?) with lunch.
I know, I'm a dork, but I'm just trying to help, and these are things that used to keep my oldest entertained. Now with 3, (2 under the age of 15 months) I hardly have time to do anything.
I enjoy your blog, so keep me posted on her PT progress...
PS: I also read Boo Mama and Big Mama's blogs. I LOVE Big Mama. :)
I love this! Keep it up Jenn and there is sure to be success! Jessica has some great ideas to pass the time by. I am trying to think of some creative things to do on Wednesday when I am there.
BTW, with the make up, I think Landrie looks alot like her Aunt Janelle in this picture.
Have fun, see you soon!
I'm so proud of you Karsyn. Gigi is going to bring you some big girl panties. See you on Wednesday!
Way to go Karsyn! Keep at it Mom! :)
Great video Jennifer! The girls look so precious!
Gigi-I can't believe how much she looked like me either LOL. She's such a mess-I love those little girls!! I know they'll be very excited to see you!
WAY TO GO KK!!! Give her hugs and kisses from her FAVORITE Aunt!! :)
Karsyn - you can do it!! I need to hear that you are doing well, so that it will give me hope for Campbell! Maybe she'll want to go on the big girl potty when she hears that YOU are going on the potty!
I am not looking forward to this transition for Campbell! Can I send her to camp Kirk?
Post a Comment