Our morning started off very early. Miss Karsyn was the last to go to sleep and the first up at 6 AM! Ugh! We ate breakfast in the hotel and then headed to Disneyland. The girls were so excited they could barely contain themselves. Truth be told - Lolly and I quickly were just as excited as they were.
The Entrance @ Disneyland
Our first ride was the Astro Orbiter. It was fun, but just an average, make you dizzy kind of ride. After that, we went on the Buzz Lightyear ride. The girls are fans of Toy Story so I thought it would be fun. I was not anticipating the darkness and the aliens like I should have. Landrie was very intimidated.


We headed to some tamer rides--the Carousel, Dumbo's Flying Elephants and saw the Disneyland Band. All of those were big hits.
Pops & the girls on the carousel
Mickey conducting the band
We left Disneyland and headed for California Adventure. There were 3 shows I wanted to see - Playhouse Disney for Karsyn, Aladdin for all of us and the High School Musical show for Landrie. I think Pops and Lolly would agree - the Aladdin show was great. It was a true production and the Gennie was hilarious!
Landrie really wanted her picture taken in the O of California. We finished taking the picture on the L of everyone and Pops, Lolly and Karsyn went to get in line to get in California Adventure. I couldn't find Landrie anywhere... I turned around and she was posing in the O.
The High School Musical 2 Show
We then headed back to Disneyland for the parade. It was so fun! We saw all of our favorite characters and had a "front row" seat for the action. It was great until Ursula (the sea witch from the Little Mermaid) came by. Landrie crawled under the bench we were sitting on! For some reason, she was very scary to her.Landrie & Karsyn waiting for the parade to start.
After the parade, we finally made it to the Teacups. Landrie had requested for this to be our first ride of the day and it took us until nearly 5 o'clock to get there. The girls loved it!! I have never heard Karsyn laugh so hard. She is my adrenaline junky!
We also rode the Storybook Land boats and Alice and Wonderland.
The final ride of the evening was the Matterhorn Bobsleds. We had a pass to get to the front of the line so we thought we'd try it. People on the ride were screaming their heads off, but we still went. It was very fast and bumpy! I'm surprised that they even allowed Karsyn to ride. She rode and loved it! When we finished, she said "Do again, Mommy!"
When we got back to the hotel, I looked in my Disneyland guide. The Bobsleds got high ratings for older kids and adults, but was coded as not suitable for ages 2-4. Oops! They had fun anyway!
With Day 1 under our belts, we were worn out, but in awe of the magical place that Disneyland is.
Next - Breakfast with Minnie & Friends







5 comments:
Can't wait to hear the next part. Makes me want to go next year!
I can just see the girls laughing and having a great time!!
Be sure to check out our Back to School Bash going on at The Munchkin Patch this week!!
Looks like fun! cant wait to get to traveling age with my kiddos :)
Love all the pics. It looks like a great time and I'm sure you guys had a blast :)
looks like a wonderful vacation! I am so glad you got to do that!
Post a Comment